1944 Wheat Error

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Mike44, May 21, 2022.

1. Mike44

Mike44 New Member

New to the game if anyone could enlighten me on this coin, would be greatly appreciated!!
    As you can see, the "L" in Liberty is missing as well as "IN GOD WE TRUST" Partially missing.
    When I zoom in there are numerous number and letter strikes that I can't make out. Any thought??
    Screenshot_20220521-084422_Photos.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

As I stated in the other thread it's a corroded cent,what's it worth?one cent;)it's still a decent 78 year old coin just keep it.

4. Mike44

Mike44 New Member

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

WoW! I didn't get to chime in. :(

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

@Mike44 no need to post same item under different forums. Just pick on, like "errors" and then ask the questions in that forum.

7. Mike44

Mike44 New Member

8. Mike44

Mike44 New Member

9. Mike44

Mike44 New Member

10. Mike44

Mike44 New Member

11. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

Congrats on the nice error coin. It is struck on a split planchet. The weight would be nice to know. With the reverse that weak I wouldn't be surprised if it only weighed about 1.5 grams or so.

Here's a link to the other thread for those that are interested.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/need-help-with-1944-error.396702/#post-8352394

As noted in the other thread this is a nice error coin. It is struck on a split planchet.
    It has all the hallmarks on both sides. Irregular surfaces and partial details on the obverse. Weakness of strike on the reverse from a lack of metal available to flow into the reverse devices. Even the lack of rims on the reverse is a good indicator of a lack of metal to flow into the devices.

Weak details can be a sign of a grease-filled die but the rims will almost always be fully struck. I can't see any rims on this one.

CREATIVECRHUNTER likes this.
  12. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Wow, that's an odd and interesting cent. I like it, thanks for sharing and welcome to CT.

CREATIVECRHUNTER likes this.
  13. Mike44

Mike44 New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted