1944 Steel Penny overdate 1943

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by logos, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

On overdates one date is always on top of another date. No one will ever convince me that the lower date is on top of the newer date. Everything I ever seen or read has the higher date on top of or over the lower dates coin.

I'm getting too old and I'll never change in regards to dates. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

A guy is going through his closet and he finds in the pocket of an old sport coat, a shoe repair ticket from 25 years ago. He has to go to the old neighborhood on business anyway, so he decides to take the ticket along to see if the shop is still there, just for a lark.
    When he gets there it's as if he went back through a time machine. The shop is still there with the old storefront, which was old 25 years ago. He looks in the window and sees a little old shoemaker hunched over a bench working on some boots.
    It's the same guy who was old back in the day and now he has to be 90 years old.
    He comes inside says hello to the old man. "Do you remember me?" And hands him the ticket. The shoemaker adjusts his glasses, looks at the man, looks at the ticket and says: "Yes I remember. Oxblood loafers?" The guy is stunned. "Why yes that's amazing." The shoemaker says: "Half soles?" The guy is in shock. "Yes! Yes! This is incredible." The shoemaker says, let me go look in the back. And he shuffles off to the back room. The guy can hear all kinds of shoes and boxes being moved around. The shoemaker comes back to the front, slides the ticket across the counter, and tells the guy: "They'll be ready Thursday."

Kentucky, Nyatii and enamel7 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted