1944 Steel Penny overdate 1943

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by logos, Nov 22, 2019.

1. logos

logos Member

I might... You want to see? Does anyone know UK Coins?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The copper plating has. Even removed. A fairly simple process as we see lots of them.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You don't. But feel free to post away. Everyone here is more than willing to help...if you are willing to listen.
    There are several people here who know quite a bit about UK coins as well.

5. logos

logos Member

ok I tried to take good pix.

Attached Files:

6. furryfrog02

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The 1970-S quarter that was struck on a 1941 silver (80%) Canadian planchet, was a proof coin. There is only 1 of them.
    How could a 1941 Canadian quarter find it's way into the proof minting process? It had to be introduced by a mint worker, it was not an accident.
    You Tube videos make it seem like there are many more of these coins.
    How did all those 1941 Canadian quarters find their way into the mint in San Francisco in 1970 and were accidentally struck? If you think about it, etc.

paddyman98 and Spark1951 like this.
  8. logos

logos Member

IDK I wish I had a better camera.

9. furryfrog02

You don't need a better camera. You have a 1970D quarter. The quarter that was struck on a 1941 Canadian was a 1970S. That's all you need right there. End of story. Move on.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. logos

logos Member

Does anyone know anything about these?

Attached Files:

11. logos

logos Member

?

Attached Files:

12. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

If the steel penny is what you think it is, thats all great BUT there is still not a logical reason in any reality as to "WHY" someone would do that. If you had a steel 44 why would anyone go through trouble of making it a 43 and basically ruining something worth thousands? I only want to hear the theory as to why it would be done in the first place.

13. logos

logos Member

where they minted them. instead of melting all the errors. they decided to scratch them out and restrike them

14. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Is it November fool's day ??? o_O

15. logos

logos Member

look at this.

Attached Files:

16. logos

logos Member

I am your November's fool but remember I show you all the coin first! When you see it in the future then you will the fool!

17. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I wish you all the best.

paddyman98 and furryfrog02 like this.
  18. logos

logos Member

thanx i wont need it

19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I can see a dozen mint workers scratching out the old date and then restrike them rather than melting down the scrapped and damaged coins. Melting damaged mint product within the mint is the established method, although certainly some workers illegally pocketed a few in history. Sir, I saw people giving very good responses, and if you really wish to learn about coins , read and discuss, and get ides from others , Best of wishes , jim

paddyman98 and MatrixMP-9 like this.
  20. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

Is the camera you do have, in your hand when taking the photo or is it on a stable surface or tripod?

Stability + Lighting + Angle + Coin not behind plastic = a fine enough photo

The majority of your photos... I would be too embarrassed to share.

tibor and MatrixMP-9 like this.
  21. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

Yup, they are blurry

Draft saved Draft deleted