1943 S Zinc with questions.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bargainbidder, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Active Member

Morning again,
    Guessing PMD or environmental but is it also MD, DD or both?

Thanks again

Attached Files:

TonkawaBill, john65999 and capthank like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

Looks like a normal Zinc coated Steel planchet with circulation wear. The light numeral 4 is a result of a Grease Filled Die.

The doubling is probably from die deterioration.

4. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

Sorry no photo to show but, I recently acquired 200 au to unc 43's. Most were S mints which makes sense as I'm on the west coast. The rest were D's and only 3 or 4 Denver mints.

I pulled out around 25 that had weak 4's in varying degrees of weakness. All were S mints and the weackness extended to the D's to some degree. It was a lot of fun as I am mostly an ancient coin guy. I did spend a lot of time of my growing years looking through penny's and other circulating coinages.

I made my move from US when I completed a US type set without any gold. As a dealer I mostly had a lot of US coinage to look for saleable possibilities. Just 10 minutes ago looking at a "hoard" from my wife's stash in her purse. So, I still look at any coin and note that pass through my hands. Always fun...so many coins, so little time.

Have fun.

5. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I have one in almost the same condition, I examined the coin closely and came up with PMD. Keep searching the best is yet to come, good luck.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Other than a lot of normal wear and tear from circulation, the coin looks normal, except for the number 4, which as paddyman said, could be a filled die, or just damage.

Bargainbidder and TonkawaBill like this.
  7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted