1943 S worth getting graded?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Newbie69, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Newbie69

Newbie69 Doesn't make cents!

Found this one CRH and looks in pretty good condition. Are they worth getting graded in this condition? Hopefully pics are clear enough! IMG_20180210_081325203_HDR.jpg IMG_20180210_093359263.jpg IMG_20180210_093413173.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Not in a condition that would make it worth grading.

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Not even remotely close, unfortunately.

In order for a coin to be a candidate for submission, doing so must add something of value, be it independently verified authenticity to increased liquidity and/or anything in between worth as much or more than the cost of admission. Many folks will set a certain dollar value amount as being the definer of what coins are worth submitting, but the fact is that a majority of those already residing in plastic have no real reason being there and was a waste of money, so there's little reason to add to this unless one enjoys making the TPGs even wealthier.

5. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

If steel no but it does look like it could be cooper try it to the magnet.

6. Idries Pappas

Idries Pappas Well-Known Member

No, definitely rust. Look at the wheat ears.
    I have one that's beginning to look like that.

Noah Finney likes this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Please believe BB4C. He's right.

Newbie69 likes this.
  8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I don't see the poster around anymore, but a few months back, any time someone would post a 10 cent coin and ask if they should get it graded, he always said yes and had posted the reasons why. But of course he was just having some mean spirited fun.

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

YES!
    Send it in.
    Definitely worth it.
    For about $30 you will turn a 15 cent coin into one worth about $1

Clawcoins likes this.
  10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Absolutely not. You can find some already slabbed of higher grade for less than doing it yourself after fees and postage/insurance.

12. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Darn it. If I had the right photo rig, I'd show him what a slab-worthy 1943 cent looks like. It's an NGC MS67. Oh well, my 3.5x-45x zoom trinocular scope is on its way.

By the way @desertgem, you may not realize it, but with bits here and bits there, you were VERY helpful in helping me select a scope, and I want to thank you publicly.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  13. Newbie69

Thanks guys I figured as much just thought I would ask. Not copper btw. I remember reading awhile back that they would copper coat these or paint them and sell them as novelty coins at shows.

14. Newbie69

Nothing wrong with that!

Draft saved Draft deleted