1943 penny black

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Veronica Leonardo, Apr 21, 2019.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It can be tough to understand what is actually going on without reading the past history in other threads. When you see long term members get mad at someone, you can bet there is more to it than you are seeing.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Of course. I don't think the angered members in the thread I'm thinking of have really posted on this site before. I don't think they had avatars.

I must apologize for how I may have come off, my intent was never to demean a member of this site. I wouldn't ever say I understand this place, because I wouldn't lie like that,

@ldhair, have a great remainder of your Easter. :)

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just remember that most of us are older and we've been collecting for years. You're still in high school and so can't remember that long ago. lol :)

Even though you've been lurking and feel you know us, we don't know you.

Happy Easter Evan

Evan Saltis likes this.
  5. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Apparently I have enough of the whack-noodles on ignore so this thread makes sense except for 1 or 2 comments TO the whack-noodles.

Yay!

Welcome!

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Evan, no one can make every member to be pleasant to new people. Knowing such , feel free to ignore it or hit the report button if it is serious enough to think it breaks the rules. I highly recommend ignore! If you wish you can put personality offenders on your ignore list in your profile page. Jim

7. octavius

octavius Well-Known Member

Veronica, your 1943 black cent is made of steel, coated in zinc. As was explained , the reason was there was a need of copper for ammunitions - especially shell casings. Ironically in 1944 and 1945 , as the war wound down, there was an abundance of these brass shell casings, and the pennies those years were made from these spent casings! Karma.

Evan Saltis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted