1943 P war nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Trkdvr, May 11, 2019.

1. Trkdvr

Trkdvr Active Member

Found this in a roll of nickels. I know it's not an error and I know it has some wear and tear on it for being a 76 year old coin. My question is on the reverse on the steps. I know it not a full step but as wondering if there is a classification of partial steps and if it would be listed as such. I tried to get as best close up of the steps that I could. But this phone just won't let me get good pictures.Thank you for your opinions

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

There's no partial step listing.
    In order to qualify for full steps, the coin must be MS between 60-70.
    Your coin is about 1 broken step.
    The obverse is in nice shape, and hard to tell from the photo but I would
    be in the XF 40 area. Unless those are cleaning scratches. Which are present on both sides.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Heavymetal likes this.
  4. Trkdvr

Trkdvr Active Member

Michael K, thank you for the clarification. If it was cleaning scratches it was done before I found it. One of the first things I learned from this site is never clean a coin. Me being still in the learning process I wouldn't know how to even start to clean a coin. I only got into coin collecting because my dr told me to get a hobby. Since I retired and wasn't doing anything with my time. So I started this hobby about a year and a half ago. I have learned a lot but still have trouble identifying some coins. Thanks to all you guys and gals on CT I have learned a lot more than I would have ever learned on my own. Once again thank you all.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's either a full step or not, no partials.

Draft saved Draft deleted