1943-P Nickel

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Skippy Topaz, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Not in the best of shape but still get a kick out of finding one of these in circulation.. Got in change the other day and almost didn't notice it :)
    1943-P.jpg

dwhiz, Danjohnson, Nyatii and 9 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

The greenish color is what makes them stand out. I don't even have to flip them over to check anymore.

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Nice circ find! Like @TheFinn, I could always spot 'em by the color alone, even without seeing the date or mintmark.

I used to find them regularly, but it's been years since I got one.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Is that one the double eye variety? Yes pretty well worn but looks to be the double eye.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

7. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Nice find!

I've gotten them in coin rolls, but never through regular pocket change.

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I got one 10+ years ago in change from the grocery store (self serve) 1945-S
    and recently a 1942-S (super smooth AG-03) from a Coin Star. Always liked the war nickels. My best one was when I was working in a liquor store 25 years ago. Got an XF-AU 1944-P. There was this nickel shining differently from the rest, looking up at me from the nickel section in the register all day. At the end of the shift I finally looked at it and read the date, and substituted another nickel for it. Glad I didn't give it out in change.

9. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

I'm ashamed to say I don't know what to look for as far as the Double-Die on this one... what's doubled?

EDIT: I looked it up and I think it's just a regular old 1943-P, doesn't look doubled to me zooming in on the image.. Will take a look through the magnifying glass later :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I never got one in change. Leastways, far as I can remember. Congratulations!

11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted