1943 Lincoln cent struck on silver dime blanc

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jodemi, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Jodemi

Jodemi Member

I have a few of these. Some with S, D, and no mint mark. They look very circulated. Let me know what you think

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Yup. Just a normal 1943 steel cent

5. Bob Evancho

Bob Evancho Well-Known Member

Hi. Your coins are normal zinc coated steel cents with the normal upset edge. If it was a cent struck on the Mercury Dime planchet it would be silver, weight of 2.5 grams and the edges would not have the full size and upset edge. The edges and edge lettering would be weak since the planchet would not fit correctly in the collar die. There are many pictures on the internet showing cents struck on dime planchets. The zinc coated steel cent of 1943 weighs 2.7 grams. Enjoy coin collecting and look your coins over for the Repunched mint mark D/D.

Spark1951 likes this.
  6. Jodemi

Jodemi Member

7. Jodemi

Jodemi Member

Thank you.

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

What they said above and, it's refreshing to see someone who accepts answers and not debate forever. Happy collecting to you.

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The dime is smaller than a cent. If it was a silver dime planchet it would weigh 2.5g.
    The steel cents weigh 2.7g.
    If it was a dime planchet, because it is smaller than a penny, if the penny was minted on it, there wouldn't be complete penny rims, and the lettering would go all the way into the edge and not be fully formed.

Spark1951 likes this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

11. Jodemi

Jodemi Member

Thank you all for your advice.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted