1943 Jefferson 3 0ver 2 / opinions

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dillan, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit ! Supporter

I noticed the 3 has a point on the tip and a flat spot along the bottom . I am thinking that this is a 3 over a 2-- 1943 Jefferson nickel. What is your professional opinions. Is this the one or am I in need of a better magnifying glass. Thanks to everyone!!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

No. You have a normal 1943.
    From PCGS Coinfacts:
    [​IMG]

JCro57 and Paddy54 like this.
  4. Dillan

Thank you I thought maybe because of the small point on the end and the flat spot it might be one, Better luck next time . I did see this photo you posted however I was wondering if all the 3 over 2s had to be this pronounced. I also notice in the photo , you were nice to supply , there looks to be a part of a number 2 about mid center of the 3 on the outer edge. Thank you I have 14 of them so I will keep looking. Appreciated and accepted!!

5. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

There is a known crack inside the 3 of some examples that is often confused as being this variety, but I cannot see well enough to say if this may be the case with yours. Fortunately, it is at a different angle and allows it to be easily distinguished from said variety.

Hey, @furryfrog02.... pretty cool echo you have. ;)

furryfrog02 likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Variety Collector

Very good explanation of the variety. And yes it is very often confused with the over date.

8. Dillan

I do have one that has a crack and it is from the bottom of the coin to his jacket or clothing. I do not know where the crack is supposed to be . I also have another with the bottom part of the 3 looks to have a small crack or split in the end of the 3 at the bottom. I will post pictures tomorrow once I get mobile again. Thanks everyone.

9. desertgem

desertgem MODERATOR Senior Errer Collecktor Moderator

Dillan, you can also see the bottom right end of the 2 under the bottom curve of the 3 on a real one also as a confirmation. Jim

10. Dillan

Fantastic information, I want to thank you desertgem for all of the important information you have gave to me , your like a Timex you keep on given . I fully appreciate all your responses , and the responses of the other members. Your all respected and appreciated. Thank You

Draft saved Draft deleted