1943 CENT

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Dec 1, 2020.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

Found this the other day and was surprised at how nice it looks. It does have some stains on the obverse but check out all the printed letters, Abe's hair, his clothes, and the wheat on the reverse! Think I seen some DD on the date....Check out the numbers 943 on the date. What do you guys think? S20201201_0001.jpg S20201201_0002.jpg S20201201_0003.jpg S20201201_0004.jpg S20201201_0005.jpg S20201201_0006.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Got a similar one too . 1943S Steel 1C - Copy.jpg

SmokinJoe likes this.
  4. SensibleSal66

Machine doubling .

SmokinJoe likes this.
  5. siddo1

siddo1 New Member

Yes, they do look nice, indeed. I've only had some beat up Lincolns, myself. Nothing doubled. I recently received a nice gift from a member here on Cointalk. I just felt like I should say so. Again, not so sweet as a double - but certainly the nicest in my pile of cents. I think they have a nice strike - and will probably post them, one day soon.

SmokinJoe and SensibleSal66 like this.
  6. SensibleSal66

OK . We will look forward to that . ;)

7. SmokinJoe

Welcome to Cointalk siddo1 !

8. SmokinJoe

Welllll.....Look at that very pretty s !!!....Yeah looks like a DD on that s.....I guess yours and mine are brothers SensibleSal66 :p

9. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

With 1943 cents, we also have the problem of re-processing or re-plating. This, unfortunately, looks re-processed to me. See the "hole" in front of Abe's face and the overall flaky look. Re-processing causes many visual anomalies. @paddyman98

SmokinJoe likes this.
  11. SmokinJoe

Thanks for that info Kentucky, I did not know that....So....Instead of finding a valuable cent, I found a cent that is illegal....Sighhh.....:banghead:

Draft saved Draft deleted