1943 - Abe's shoulder pain. What is it worth?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Money is Freedom, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Did a search. Lots of 1943 postings but couldn't find anything like this. Searched past sales on Ebay. Found identical errors, but prices were from $40 to $800 and condition looked similar to me, but I'm not a coin guy. I'm just trying to get an estimate so I'll be ready to sell if needed. Please see pictures. IMG_4156.JPG IMG_4158.JPG What do you think the grade is? Any problem selling coins on Ebay? If so, where should I go? Sorry for all the questions and Thanks for your patience with a novice.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Can you post a picture of the edge?

4. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Looks like a cud, with weakness on the reverse opposite and on Pluribus in this case. With the discoloration on Lincoln's cheek bone, jaw/beard and jacket probably a tad is rub so AU. Depending on how much luster is present will tell you of 53 55 or 58 but cant tell from your pictures. Value I do not know but it is cool!

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That is a CUD. Very nice! It's only worth a few dollars to a collector of those types of items.

6. Not the best pic taken with a $89 camera and a cheap chinese magnifying glass but here you go. I think my grandfather got this back in the 1950's. Thanks for the quick replies and thanks Razz for your nice opinion. IMG_4160.JPG

Danomite likes this.
  7. From people's posts on this website, I can see Ebay is ruining the coin collector market by jacking up prices. Whether $2 or $800, I'll probably keep it. Just trying to narrow down how much its worth. Thanks to everyone who responds.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  8. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

The edge looks right. Nice cud. I couldn’t honestly give a value. Check your coin with the listings here and see if you can find a match.
    http://cuds-on-coins.com/

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

11. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Very nice. I wish I could come across one like that.

12. Thanks for everyone's help. This is a great forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted