1942S Walking Liberty...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MommaHenn, Jun 18, 2019.

1. MommaHenn

MommaHenn Active Member

There is a local shop I frequent on a weekly basis and last week, I asked them if they wouldn’t mind keeping an eye out for halves, dollars, etc. They agreed but also informed me that the manager also was a collector. The manager then came around the corner, joined my conversation and proceeded to tell me that just recently a customer came in, made a purchase and used a 1942 half-dollar...so he snagged it up as it was “interesting looking”. The manager said he would bring it in for me to see...and I saw it today! So jealous.

Unfortunately, the manager did clean it :( and then threw it in his kids’ piggy bank. OMG! As of today, I did put it in a 2x2 for him. Also told him to NEVER clean coins.

Even though not my coin, it was cool to hold.

Just thought I would share. Thanks!

DD963667-737C-4BA3-A7E5-9067E95F4486.jpeg F738C50C-DB35-417D-A310-7382C348B09F.jpeg 89EAEB87-0D69-4CB2-B58C-4C4DD820B281.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

You did a kind service for that shopkeeper.

MommaHenn likes this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's cool to hear of folks finding something like this. Thanks for sharing.

MommaHenn likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Wonderful advice!

MommaHenn likes this.
  6. MommaHenn

MommaHenn Active Member

It’s easy to do when you have great people helping people like me.

Funny thing is, the manager is not the only one collecting coins...there’s 3 of them at the shop that I now know of. One of them says he has a 1943 penny in his collection. This is so much fun! Thanks again!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Fun find, even if it isn't yours.

MommaHenn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted