1942 wheat cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Joy Matherne, May 29, 2018.

1. Joy Matherne

Joy Matherne Pro life for coins...

Just curious if it's worth anything

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity why would you think that coins worth anything it's a normal 1942 Lincoln cent do you see something that we're not seeing. JMO
    Dave

Clawcoins likes this.
  4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

You seem like a nice person according to your post I don't believe that you're taking the time to learn the minting process.

In my opinion I believe you're finding these coins instead of learning you're just posting a bunch of different coins wanting us to take our time to give you the answers instead of you learning yourself.

And most of us don't mind spending our time helping people people that want to help themselves to learn the hobby just take a little time slow down and teach yourself that way you will be able to help other people.JMO
    Dave

5. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Just a common Wheat Cent.:happy:

6. Joy Matherne

Joy Matherne Pro life for coins...

7. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

A dealer may give you 3 cents for it.

8. JMGallego

JMGallego Active Member

Your question is understandably valid. Although "wheat" Lincoln cents are still found in circulation, they getting harder to find them. People are surprised when they do find one in their pocket change.

Unfortunately, they are not worth much unless they are one of the "key" coins of the series, or the are in excellent condition or have a mint error. Your does not show any of those characteristics.

But do continue looking for them, I once found a 1936 doubled die in extra fine condition. That was a very nice surprise.

Best wishes and hope you continue looking at your pocket change and start doing roll hunting, it is a really fun hobby.

DEA and Spark1951 like this.
  9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

This is one of the reason I still use primarily cash for purchases.
    I get change back.
    Subway at lunch, I got 1 modern 2001 NY state quarter, 1 1995 D dime in bad shape and 4 pennies: one 2016 shield in blah shape; and three 1975 (nicely toned), 1984, 1993 D cents all in well circulated shape.

Spark1951 likes this.
  10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I just found one of those too. Maybe just maybe. Hey joy. Feel free to ask anytime. Don't let anyone get you down. I'm kinda green myself. But i love the game of coins. So if i get to asking dumb questions. Theres always a kind soul to listen and help.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

3 cents. Let me get my purse. I'm going to cash out

wxcoin likes this.
  12. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

I do too. I purposely flash a $5.00 bill for small purchases to generate pocket change...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted