1942 Walking liberty grade/value

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by chad1980, Feb 26, 2022.

1. chad1980

chad1980 New Member

16459105207346059714013852157227.jpg 16459105837561642301189353153013.jpg Just getting into the "junk" silver coin collecting and learning so I'm curious what this type of condition would be graded and value? Is this worth saving or only silver stacking value?

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

1942 common date and condition wise basically melt.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Very Good ( VG-8 or 12) worth what ever you can get for the silver value as it is a common late date. Jim

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

VG condition, only worth junk value as it’s very common.

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Absolutely that is worth saving! If stacking silver is of interest to you I have one warning. It is very addicting. And one tool you need to get familiar with is a website called Coinflation.com. It gives you spot silver values for any denomination coin that may tickle your fancy.

Pickin and Grinin and chad1980 like this.
  7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

The sharpness grade is in the VG-10 to Fine-12 range. It's got a pasty, cleaned look to it, but that does not matter. The piece is with whatever bullion 90% silver is going for.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Several ways to look at a coin like that. One, its silver value Two, its collectible value, and three, how many of those coins do you think will be produced in the future? The history of a coin like that is the value. I keep all no longer available coins to help preserve them for the future generations. Crazy? Maybe.
    If it is sold for silver value, it will be melted down and no longer exist. Fewer available may equal higher value. Just saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted