1942 Walking Liberty Coneca DDO-003

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rick Stachowski, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

I don't think that is unreasonable for that coin and grade. The DDO is a bonus.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  4. Rick Stachowski

I pickup a DDO-001 for 17 bucks, I think this one will grade 63, I think plastic is blocking the feathers on the eagle .

5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Are you looking for that specific DDO Rick? As you said just above, the FS-101 can be found fairly easily. Here is one I picked on eBay for $13.50 with free shipping back at the beginning of the month.

1942-Walking-Liberty-Half-Dollar-Obverse.jpg 1942-Walking-Liberty-Half-Dollar-Reverse.jpg

6. Rick Stachowski

So, would DDO-001 be the best of the 3, for Coneca, since it's a cherry-pickers ...

7. jtlee321

It depends on what you are collecting. The Cherrypickers' tend to have a higher premium and more demand. But if the doubled die is nice, I'll buy it whether or not it's in the Cherrypickers' Guide or not.

Here's an example of a 1945-S Washington Quarter DDO that is not listed in CPG, yet the doubling is pretty nice. Bill Fivaz has told me he may list it in the next edition. So you never know. The nice thing about unlisted varieties is they are typically pretty cheap to buy. :)

1945-S-Washington-Quarter-DDO-001-Obverse.jpg DDO-001-Detail.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Rick Stachowski

I totally agree with that, I think 3 has more doubling then 1 and it's all about future cherry-pickers coins to me .

I also think the coin in this thread, is over priced too ...

9. jtlee321

I would agree with you on that one. A nice 1942 can be found in the $30 - $35 range with a little looking. The two DDR FS-801's I've picked up were both less than $40.00 and are in the MS-64 range.

Draft saved Draft deleted