1942 D Penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by VistaCruiser69, Jun 6, 2020.

1. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Active Member

977362BD-D96F-4C2C-BA6C-844B505F2BE3.jpeg 8A0DE613-9CB5-46F1-B7C6-9DD3E9A4F583.jpeg EAB5D5BD-B222-4990-B1C3-EE5A461A5651.jpeg I think I found a lamination issue with one of the Wheaties I’ve set aside over the years. On the reverse of the coin in the “E” of “ONE”. There is a “U” shaped crack. There’s a white fiber stuck at one end of it. If this in fact what I think it is, it will be the first one I’ve found, thus far.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

PMF - Post Mint Fiber :facepalm:

VistaCruiser69 likes this.
  4. VistaCruiser69

Exactly. I’ve not pulled it out yet. Even without cracks, I find all kinds of pocket fibers (lint) all over my daily change.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

It is a piece of lint from Grandpas pocket! :oldman:

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster It seemed like a good idea at the time.

There is a minor lamination on the E and the line that runs to the right of the T to the rim is probably one as well. The coin is in rough condition, but it is an error. Congrats on your find

I think the fiber is just something that got stuck over the years and has nothing to do with the lamination. Remember, a lamination is caused by a void or defect in the ingot used to roll the metal strip. A fiber isn't going to survive in the molten metal of the poured ingot

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

On the reverse on the E in ONE it appears to be a small lamination error.

8. VistaCruiser69

Glad that I’ve got my first lamination error. The lint fiber may have come from being in my pocket, or someon else’s before I got it.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Always nice to find something like this, even if it's minor.

Draft saved Draft deleted