1942 & 1967 dime error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by matoska88, Dec 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. matoska88

matoska88 New Member

I just recently purchased these on at an auction. Can anyone please tell me what kind of errors and give me a rough value of them?

Attached Files:

capthank and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

First off , Welcome ! JMO .Wait for more expert answers . I'm also interested to see what others say . :)

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Both are PMD - Post Mint Damage.

No mint errors of any kind.

The Mercury Dime has a premium.. Because it's silver. That's about it

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

They both look damaged to me. Nothing more.

6. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Did you buy them because you thought they were errors?

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you bought them thinking that they are errors, you probably paid too much. What you should have done is ask for opinions before you bought them. Don't be embarrassed, though. A lot of people make this mistake.

capthank likes this.
  8. matoska88

matoska88 New Member

Yes

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Learning experience. Hope it wasn't too costly.

10. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Been there done that, most of us have all been there. Welcome to CT, be safe.

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

After having been a member here for over five years, I don't think you are following this forum and learning anything. Might I suggest another hobby. I'm not trying to be flippant but I don't think you are cut out for numismatics.

12. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Both victims of hammer-like blows. Spend the 67 if you can, the merc is worth melt/$1.90 but LCS (and most people) will only buy it 10-15% under melt, or about $1.65 for the silver, if they need the silver. They made over 205 million of ‘42 Philly mercs and there’s a lot of junk silver out there.

I hope you didn’t lose too much for these “errors” that are not.
    ...imo...Spark

13. BJBII

BJBII Metrologist, CSSBB

Welcome . . . this is a great place to expand your knowledge.

14. Mark1971

Mark1971 Active Member

At the auction, what was the description of the ‘errors’ present on these dimes?

15. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Don't take the messages here too much to heart. Most of us are too embarrassed to tell about the dumb things we have done. After about 20 years, I still forget to check the information. I've been collecting Indian Head Cents for a while and I was down to getting the last one in my collection. Naturally, it was the 1866. I didn't read it too close and bought it. It turned out to be a 4" copper setting. Not to be outdone by that mistake, I bought another "1877" Indian Head Cent. This time I got 4 Indian Head Stamps. Although I didn't lose to much money, They were transactions that I will never forget. Best of luck. Stay with us. Most of these guys are very nice.

Kentucky and Mark1971 like this.
  16. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Very encouraging!

Draft saved Draft deleted