1941 S RPM-008?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Nov 21, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Im so incredibly reluctant to post these because Im usually wrong. These RPMs throw me for a loop!

When I was going through one of the coin books today, I came across some "S" pennies. I seen this one and instinct told me that it was just some lucky hit. After looking a little closer at Variety Vistas listing for the 1941S RPM-008....it looks right to me. The upper left side of the "S" is the same exact angle and the MM is showing just like the picture.

The very last picture below is copied from Variety Vista for quick comparison.

Link also..... http://www.varietyvista.com/02a LC RPMs Vol 1/1941SRPM008.htm

Thoughts????

IMG_7532.jpg IMG_7533.jpg Snapshot000002.jpg Snapshot000001.jpg 1941SRPM008be.jpg

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MatrixMP-9

If indeed it is, its the large S which is the lesser minted and an RPM too boot. would be a cool coin for sure to me!

4. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Can you post a picture of "IN GOD"? I'm thinking it's 1941S-1MM-008.

5. MatrixMP-9

6. Kevin Mader

7. MatrixMP-9

Now that I see the marker on copper coins...its worn badly but if I tilt the camera to "catch" the bumps....

Looks like it could be the same! I never would have seen that! Its the same shape coming off the N

Snapshot000002 (2).jpg

8. MatrixMP-9

gotta admit...that was fun!

9. MatrixMP-9

Thats the angle I needed below.....now you can really see it. Just had to be super steady.

Snapshot000003.jpg

Kevin Mader likes this.
  10. Kevin Mader

The markers are the keys. If you have that you have a winner. I could make out the faint image of the marker in your first picture but definitely in the last picture. Sometimes the markers are worn or you have a coin from a different die state so you have to rely on position and RPM details. That’s often harder on worn, circulated coins. Your mm even has a hit on it. Luckily not in an important spot. But definitely fun to make a match. Congratulations on your find!

11. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

Hey all, Don't know exactly what this anomoly is but best I coud describe is trails??? I might be in the wrong place but can anyone tell what this starburst pattern is?

Attached Files:

12. MatrixMP-9

Brutha....make a new thread and get some close ups of what you think you see. You will get responses.

13. bruthajoe

I dont understand , thats a very good image of the dime? I will make a new thread but I'm concerned now that you dont see it???

14. MatrixMP-9

Create a new thread. Nobody is going to see your post at the bottom of this one and most wont comment on it.

bruthajoe likes this.
  15. bruthajoe

ok tu

16. MatrixMP-9

giddyup! And yes, nice photo!!!

bruthajoe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted