1941 D ten centavos fillipinas

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Easy, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Easy

Easy New Member

Hey all, I just found this coin in a dime roll. Did a quick search on ebay but coulnt find my particular coin although most from that time period are being listed as silver.. I checked my redbook and to my surprise they listed the coins but for some reason they didnt list the 1941 d only the 1941 m.......
    the coin is in extra fine or a/u condition. Is this a key date/mint? any light you can shead would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

4. Easy

Easy New Member

I'm not worried about the condition. I gave the year and mint mark. Was just wanting confirmation on silver content and was wondering why my year and mark are not listed with the others in the redbook.

5. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

The 10 centavo was made from silver until 1945. It's 2 grams and .750 silver. So melt is about $1.65.

My resource indicates they did not even make a 1941-D. The only mint mark for 1941 was M, with a mintage of 2.5 Million.

6. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I think it would still be helpful to post pics since you are purporting to have a coin which the books say doesn't exist. There is no 1941-D ten centavos. Are you sure you don't have a 1941-M or a 1944-D?? If so, let's see it!!!!!

7. Easy

Easy New Member

Ok,ok. I'll post pics tomorrow. I don't wanna wake up my wife with the scanner, cause its in the bedroom. Looks like I'm not the only one....the D mint mark is just to the left of the year 1941...

http://www.cointalk.com/t205492/

8. Easy

Easy New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]you dont see a D mint mark to the left of 1941?

9. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Errr, its a 1944 D.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Yep, you have a 1944-D

11. Ruthr

Ruthr New Member

I also have the coin ten centavos 1941 with a D

bchriest likes this.
  12. bchriest

bchriest New Member

13. bchriest

bchriest New Member

I have this ten centavos, still trying to figure last number. Looks like a 1 but could be a 4. Found this coin with others among my dads things after his passing. Still trying to sort through all but this coin was different.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  14. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

My heavens.... can't everyone see that the last digit is a "4"?

15. JABAKA

JABAKA New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted