1941 D Merc Dime BU or MS

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by David Colquhoun, May 13, 2018.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Don't listen to that clean crap either

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Why not 67. What are you seeing

4. Cheech9712

5. Cheech9712

Think its higher

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Less than ideal photos that suggest noise/chatter not clearly visible.

Spark1951, Cheech9712 and Paddy54 like this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

As the specimen in question is nice grading using the images provided wouldn't be advisable. Better images or in hand to be sure.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  8. Cheech9712

Will you show a ms67. Cuz i for one think this is an expecetial merc. Help me learn. Not alot of merc info on coin talk. What to see a ms67 to gauge by. Any help

9. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

?!

10. Cheech9712

11. Cheech9712

Shinny too

12. Cheech9712

Thanks. So thats a maybe

13. Cheech9712

Very clean coin. Maybe its just so darn pretty. Thanks for putting up with me. Don't know what a 65 or better looks like. My bad

14. Cheech9712

Oh but what a reverse

15. Cheech9712

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers out there:kiss:

16. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

In Post #15, I provided a "link" to an auction, as follows:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NGC-1941-D...=item3b0bb253f8:g:2EYAAOSwnHda6oZA&rmvSB=true
    The coin was appreciably under-priced for a properly graded "full-bands" NGC evaluated coin. I found that coin, posted so that you might establish the relative condition of your coin. Auction completion would establish a current fair market value for that "gem" coin.

I considered the coin a "premium" specimen along with another Date/Grade Mercury on eBay, after evaluating all of the "gem" desirable specimens. I won the coin, which I feel may receive a CAC "bean", at less half of comparable value coins. A price believed ~10% of current CAC "comps".

Thanks for your inquiry, and for not purchasing a coin already graded with a market auction price less than the certification expense for NGC certification of your coin.

I hope that my price for the other potential CAC coin is also a winner, as I really enjoy the challenge.

I just wanted to show a practice that can provide what you desire at a bargain price, once you establish quality of grading and relative value of coins.

JMHO

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  17. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

From the provided images, I gtg @MS64. But I agree in-hand to do it justice...there is a spot of discoloration on the obverse and an area by US on the reverse that look iffy, could be glare or angle of lighting.

@imrich ...why do you say it is not FB? It looks like it is a good full split band top, center and bottom...Spark

18. Spark1951

@imrich are you saying the center and bottom bands have soft spots on the left side?

Spark

19. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

I couldn't determine the quality of band separation from the images, which appeared to have deficiencies on the left side. My assessment was based on that belief. If you're stating that the bands were as in the coin I showed/purchased, it is a FB coin!

JMHO

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Spark1951 and Stevearino like this.
  20. Spark1951

We are in total agreement. I bow to your expertise, Sir...Spark

imrich likes this.
  21. David Colquhoun

David Colquhoun Active Member

Only paid about £6 for the coin so I haven't lost out ,I just thought it was a good grade just wasn't sure how much it would go for.

Draft saved Draft deleted