194? Wheat penny. Error?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Christopher290, Aug 1, 2016.

?

Is this an error or another reason?

1. Error

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Other

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Christopher290

Christopher290 Active Member

I have been appraising someone I know's late mother's coins. I was searching through the wheat pennies and I found this guy. Thoughts..? Thank you!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Christopher290

Picture is not uploading

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It is probably the result of a grease-filled die. It must be worth a fortune because I can't see anything........ANYTHING!

Chris

Kelly Capone, tommyc03 and tomfiggy like this.
  5. Christopher290

6. cpm9ball

I was just inserting a bit of levity while we are waiting.

Chris

Kelly Capone likes this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

If it is not made of Steel then that eliminates 1943 ;)

8. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

9. Mik

Mik New Member

Hey, I'm sure this thread is far dead but Its 2018 and seem to have the same coin as you.. except not steel.. because it's not magnetic.. is this some sort of error coin?. I don't collect coins really.. just lots of wheat pennies for some reason..It is a 194 nothing penny.. not in the best shape but not bent or mangled just weathered pretty bad.. but there seems to be no sign of the last number.. weird that I found someone else talking about the same coin I'm looking at now.. I've been looking online for a little info on it but seems this is about all I've found.. You posted this in 2005 so if you parted with yours maybe I have yours now.. except it's not steel.. are you sure yours was steel?. It's magnetic and what not?.. idk, long shot but looking for some more information about it and you are the only other person that has come across it.. if there's two does that make it an actual collectable coin worth anything?. Maybe it's a magical 1943 copper penny error the only one in existence!.. I'll start the bidding at 1 batrillion pounds!! Yes, pounds.. of gold.

10. Mik

Mik New Member

..*sorry, thought this was someone's post from 2005 with the same thing going on.. I had copied my reply because of some refresh thing.. anyways... Any info about this thing would be cool

11. Mik

Mik New Member

..wait, so that makes 3 cases of this mysterious 194 nothing penny?? Mine, yours, and the guy I was first trying to respond to that posted in 2005..maybe, idk.

Kelly Capone likes this.
  12. paddyman98

What are you trying to say? Your 3 posts make no sense.. Try starting your own unique thread with pictures.
    Please don't ask how much it's worth. That's annoying
    No polls needed

13. Mik

Mik New Member

I wasnt asking how much it was worth.. I was basically asking if this is a legitimate error coin.. in case you can't read sarcasm online..my "bidding starts at on batrillion pounds of gold" should have tipped you off....

14. paddyman98

I see :hilarious:
    You should start your own unique thread anyway. The older ones don't get too many responses.

15. thomas1331

thomas1331 New Member

I also have the same coin wheat coin with the year 194 ...
    any ideas?

16. I have one also...194

17. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Careful with that thing. The other four people who posted about theirs vanished from this site, never to be seen again.

paddyman98 and Oldhoopster like this.
  18. paddyman98

We gave the proper response already :facepalm:

19. Jason194

Jason194 New Member

I have one as well, I guess what I am looking at is real. It is a Wheat Penny and the year is 194. It is May of 2020. Does anyone have a ballpark idea of a possible value?

20. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Your answer is in the thread. No one is saying it’s not real, it’s fairly common.

21. cpm9ball

It must be one of the "batrillion" coins that are mentioned in Post #12. I believe "batrillion" is related to bat guano, and as such, is not worth much.

IT'S WORTH EVEN LESS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DAMN PHOTOS! ~ Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted