1939 lincoln penny reverse

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by jaclewdon, Jul 16, 2019.

1. jaclewdon

jaclewdon New Member

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what type of mint error is on the reverse of this 1939 penny and what value it might have? Thank you for everybody's expertise and time on this matter.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

You may want to retake your photos so that they are not fuzzy and small.
    If you focus on the coin itself that would help.
    It may be that there wasn't enough light for you to hold it steady for long enough for the image to take, thus take it to a room that has much more light. Enough light for the sensor and not your eyes.

Then crop the images so they are not so small. Also, post the images directly, and not a ZIP file of the images.

I think, maybe, there was some grease filled die in the middle of the coin? Or it was worn down? But I'm not sure as you don't elaborate on what you are actually asking plus the images are too small and fuzzy.

4. Clawcoins

if you crop the images it will look about this big
    upload_2019-7-16_12-55-28.png

versus this
    upload_2019-7-16_12-55-46.png

of course, once cropped you'll want to make sure it is not fuzzy. If so, then retake it. If you see it fuzzy then we'll definitely see that it's fuzzy.

5. jaclewdon

jaclewdon New Member

I will try to get that done. I have to have my son in law download it for me when he is not working. Wondering if anybody else had any thoughts and a possible value?

6. Clawcoins

What Mint Error are you referring to?

There were a few 1939 DDRs ... but I see nothing on your cent reverse that sticks out. Pictures are too fuzzy too for any detail.
    http://www.varietyvista.com/01a LC Doubled Dies Vol 1/DDR 1939.htm
    upload_2019-7-18_10-48-30.png

value for this 80 year old cent in/out of circulation ... probably around 0.15-20 cents retail/eBay before expenses/charges.
    from usacoinbook.com
    upload_2019-7-18_10-54-32.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I can't tell anything from those photos. Please repost with larger, clear pics of both sides. Welcome to CT.

8. jaclewdon

jaclewdon New Member

the error if you will is where there is some kind of indentation that indents out the S in states and AME in America.

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

No one is going to speculate on a coin that they can't see because it is too blurry.

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Please post pics in full size view and not a link. Thank you.

11. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

don't forget to clean the lens of the camera most commin cause of blerryyyy pic's

Draft saved Draft deleted