1937D Walking Liberty

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by John Skelton, Dec 14, 2019.

1. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

I recently bought this coin at auction, and really, I just want an opinion on what you would have paid for it. I don't think I paid too much, but I'm not sure. I checked a couple of places and think I got a bit of a bargain, and the coin wasn't graded. Sorry for the blurry reverse, I don't know what is going on there, but it's as sharp as the obverse in hand. And can I get an idea of what you think the grade might be? Walking Liberty 1937D 001.jpg
    Walking Liberty 1937D 002.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Nice obv. I would knock it down due to the diminishing rays on the sun and what's that blob on the skirt ? Can't tell if that is damage on the rim adjacent in God we trust.
    The reverse is OK except for the wear on the left wing feathers. I'm not sure what the edges look like but maybe a hit above the C on America. I would pay $ 12.00 for it.

4. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

Can't tell what kind of luster it might have. AU something.

5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

6. Ana Silverbell

Ana Silverbell Well-Known Member

7. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

The luster doesn't show up like it does in hand. It has full luster front and back.

8. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I’d pay melt. Circulated common date.

9. Ana Silverbell

Ana Silverbell Well-Known Member

If you were to sell it, say on eBay, you would need good pictures. It would go for about $45 on eBay. It has a mintage of 1,676,000, so not as common as other Walkers. I would not buy it based on the pictures because it lacks eye appeal. Better pictures, maybe.

slackaction1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted