1936 dime canada

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Ern123, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Ern123

Ern123 New Member

1936 dot to the right Canada dime. Would like opinion of other collectors

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Evan Saltis likes this.
  4. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Interesting. It is not the dot variety; however, perfectly shaped dots are found on many coins. Some are centering dots, others are used to ID a die, and the majority have unknown purposes.

5. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

There are many articles about dots all over the reverse of the '36 coinage, both here and on other wel-known forums. Get a Charleton guide. or HA, as I think they sold one of them back in 2007 or so (but don't trust my memory, give or take 2 years)... unless the dot is exactly as in the illustration, and as pronounced (admittedly, this one is the latter, but as mentioned, way off correct positioning), it is not the golden ticket. As an FYI, this is a die flaw, not the real 'dot' piece.

6. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

norantyki, posted: "There are many articles about dots all over the reverse of the '36 coinage, both here and on other wel-known forums. Get a Charleton guide. or HA, as I think they sold one of them back in 2007 or so (but don't trust my memory, give or take 2 years)... unless the dot is exactly as in the illustration, and as pronounced (admittedly, this one is the latter, but as mentioned, way off correct positioning), it is not the golden ticket. As an FYI, this is a die flaw, not the real 'dot' piece."

I couldn't find :( any articles on dot quarters EXCEPT for the genuine coins. I should think the OP's coin would be listed in one of the many articles you know of.
    Do you know of one. Charlton only mentions the genuine dot.

7. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

@Insider I have seen them sporadically over the years - its late here, but I'll have a look tomorrow... I have lived in several countries, and used several VPNs over the years, but Ill give it my best shot. I know for a fact that last year, a thread appeared on one forum that everyone with even a bit of character gets barred from... including myself (you know the one ;) ), and this contained links to other 'white-butter' threads on the subject, with all commented on by people who definitely know what they are doing (I know a couple of them professionally). As mentioned that can give you a starting point, and I'll do some poking tomorrow (hopefully).

8. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

@Insider pm sent, found a couple - dont want to post any links directly to avoid beef between / issues in relationship between forums.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  9. Ern123

Ern123 New Member

I'm new to this forum and appreciate the views and comments.

Draft saved Draft deleted