1936 Buffalo FS-101 DDO?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by scguy, Sep 12, 2022.

1. scguy

scguy Active Member

I believe this is a fairly early die state example of the 1936 P FS-101 DDO. Pretty confident in this one but as always would like other's opinions. In an NGC fatty, graded MS64.

PICT0089.jpg PICT0088.jpg PICT0085.jpg PICT0084.jpg PICT0086.jpg PICT0087.jpg PICT0090.jpg

dwhiz, Anthony Mazza and Paddy54 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Bingo! Yup

tommyc03 and scguy like this.
  4. Steven Shaw

Steven Shaw Well-Known Member

5. scguy

scguy Active Member

Sweet! Not sure why, but Buffalos have been the kindest to me when cherrypicking

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. scguy

scguy Active Member

7. Steven Shaw

Steven Shaw Well-Known Member

The top of LIBERTY isn't that thick on yours. Neither is the bottom of the date. I'm just comparing the pics of early and mid die state from Variety Vista.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

dwhiz, Paddy54 and scguy like this.
  9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Not all Doubled dies are going to be screaming out at you... and of course the values or demands arent going to bring moon money either....

scguy likes this.
  10. scguy

scguy Active Member

The top of the 9 and the inner bottom of the 3 in the 2nd (angled) picture that I posted are what convinced me. I was hesitant because of the liberty thickness, but I figured early (or maybe late? Please correct me if you know) die state would explain it. The shaping is there on each letter, the upwards pointing ends of the legs of the E and the point on the upper left of the B both match up near perfectly; aside from the level of definition on doubling.

Glad others agree, happy to add this one to the collection!

Collecting Nut and Paddy54 like this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I’m sure you are and I can’t imagine why you would want this in your collection. Lol

scguy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted