1935A $1 Hawaii WWII Emergency Issue

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Harry Brown, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

I've decided I want to add all the special printings of notes like this one, the "R" and "S" paper trials, and the African notes. Because of budget constraints, my collecting will probably only cover the $1.00 notes, but it should be an interesting hunt.

Did anyone ever find one of this type of thing in circulation? Overprints are one thing, but the notes where the serial number range is the only means of identification, would seem to be a daunting task. Anyway, lots of scarce and rare notes are being auctioned almost every day, so I plan of having little money left over, except for taking my spouse to a nice restaurant a couple of times a week.
    1935A $1 Hawaii WWII -a.jpg 1935A $1 Hawaii WWII -b.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Experimental and Emergency issued notes can be an interesting facet of paper money collecting. Most, if not all, will have to be purchased. These are rarely seen in circulation.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

Yes about two weeks ago I asked a teller If he had any red seal twos and in the process I also asked for the two silver certificates, One was a Hawaii dollar bill.

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

There was a time working at Radio Shack in the late 80's that we'd occasionally get older money - silver certificates were not uncommon, and we did get a Hawaii overprint note at least once, it was the first time I'd ever seen one. We also got a 1966 $100 Legal Tender note once as well.

The real son-of-a-%&^& of it when my wife worked at the Sports Book of a major Las Vegas hotel in the horse racing area, she'd handle $500 and $1k notes ALL the time. As tempting as it is to go back in time and try to hoard them, considering it's been... 30 years almost now, we'd really have been better off going back and buying Apple stock or something, since doubling face in 30 years ain't all that great...

Draft saved Draft deleted