1935 Star note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by nrk77, Sep 12, 2011.

1. nrk77

nrk77 Junior Member

I was at a flea market a week ago and a guy was selling a frame with come coins and silver certificate in it, called "The Silver Story". It had a 1921 Morgan, some small pieces of silver, a 1943 nickel, a 1960 dime and the silver certificate in it. The price was resonable I thought, but what caught my eye was that the note was a 1935 star note in very nice condition so I bought it. When I got home I carefully took the star note out to put away for safe keeping and put a different silver certificate back into the frame. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how much the star note is worth. The front of the bill is very nice, the reverse has a little discoloration from being stuck against the cardboard in the frame for so many years, but has no creases or folds. I paid $48 for the whole thing, so I think I did ok, but just not sure of value of the note and how much the discoloration on the reverse side would affect the value. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The series 1935G $1 Silvers had a with motto star, and a without motto star. The with motto star is worth 2 to 3 times more than the without motto star. This is the latter of the two. It faces up as an XF-AU example with a tight upper margin, and things turn worse when you flip it over. I personally wouldn't buy it, and would wait for an example without these issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted