1935 DDO?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Parker Miller, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Parker Miller

Parker Miller New Member

Hey guys I have a 1935 Buffalo. What are your guys opinion on this?.. does it look like doubling on the obverse side? And what about the reverse? And if so what grade would y’all put this at? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I don't see any doubling on your coin. I think that the obverse might be around and F12 while the reverse a VG10. Wait for others to chime in though. Welcome to the mix here!!

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Parker Miller

Parker Miller New Member

I’m sorry I guess I should of specified.(learning) haha. I’m talkin about doubling on “Liberty” or is it just die wearing?

5. Parker Miller

Parker Miller New Member

And thank you btw. I have plenty more coins and plenty more to learn!

6. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Hi Parker - I see a bit of what is likely Machine Damage/Mechanical Damage below the letters of LIBERTY. If you look at the individual devices, you'll note that the bottom of the L and B, for instance, are thinner than the vertical bars of each letter. When the devices are thinned out, it's a typical sign of MD. When you have true doubling, the devices are actually thicker, have notches and splits, that suggests that there is doubling, especially on worn coins.

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CT. The doubling on a 1935 - DDR-001 & DDR-003, according to The Cherrypicker's Guide, focuses on FIVE CENT and E PLURIBUS UNUM, not LIBERTY, so any doubling you think you might see could be due to a "tired die."

JeffC and Kevin Mader like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

This is a clear example of NAV or No Added Value Doubling.

Stevearino likes this.
  9. Parker Miller

Parker Miller New Member

Ok. Thank you guys for the help.

10. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

...just my ho, but when letters begin to blend with the rim from wear it is a grading indicator of VG8 or less...Spark

Kevin Mader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted