1934 $10 Bill...real or fake?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TaborTot22, Mar 23, 2014.

1. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

I recently resorted my coin/currency collection and came across this note. It's a 1934 $10 bill in near AU condition. However, something looked odd to me. The color seems off. Compared to other notes of similar age, the print and white of the note seem different. I'm not an expert in currency so any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Also, if this note is deemed authentic, any idea of value in this condition.

DSCN7354.JPG DSCN7355.JPG DSCN7356.JPG DSCN7357.JPG DSCN7358.JPG DSCN7359.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

I'm no expert... but I know that there were "lime green" notes back then. There was a $100 posted not that long ago with a similar question.

4. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

OK it's a lime green bill from the Chicago Federal reserve. It's a nice find. My P.O.V. it is NOT a counterfeit bill. ;)

5. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Looks like this one:

[​IMG]

6. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

1934 Chicago lime green seal in VF, you might get $35 for it. Chicago is bar far the most common district (thanks organized crime!) and the notes are not very rare for really any district.

And absolutely genuine.

7. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Your instinct is right about this note: the color is off. But it is a genuine note in my opinion.

The seal and serial numbers should be darker (still light/lime green, however). The reverse should be greener, with less blue. And the white areas are very white. Too white, for a note with the amount of circulation that can be seen.

The reason is because this note has been washed to improve its appearance. It was likely pressed as well to diminish the appearance of the folds. Your note is likely flat and rather limp. The green inks are sensitive to many chemicals (acids, bleach, etc.). That's why the reverse appears blueish-green.

Still, it's a good note that's worth more than face value.

8. Romano

Romano New Member

Hi..Please help. Iis there a way to know if a 1934 $10,000 bill is real or not just by pictures?

9. lettow

lettow Senior Member

You can identify a fake by certain diagnostics in a scan. But it is not possible to verify authenticity by a scan. Start a new thread and post pictures.

Draft saved Draft deleted