1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle Graded MS65 (no holder !)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by GoldFinger1969, Apr 9, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Try reading what Is written instead of just trying to play gotcha games with me. I was responding to the belief that this coin is not the Farouk coin. A number of people believe that someone who bought the Farouk coin kept that one and sold his lesser example as the Farouk coin. This happened back before photographs would be anywhere near good enough especially in auction catalogs.

Could it have happened, certainly, did it happen who knows. Either way it doesn’t matter if it did or it didn’t. Nothing would ever come forward to say definitely that it did if it actually happened and this coin is now and will forever be known as the Farouk one

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Now you’re bleeding through the nose you’re talking so fast. The whole issue is whether it is the Farouk coin. If it isn’t, they can’t auction it. Are you following this? That’s fundamental.

4. baseball21

:rolleyes::banghead:

5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It has to be established it’s the legal one. Don’t you get that?

6. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

never. Stolen property is stolen.

7. baseball21

Already addressed that in multiple posts. It is established it’s the legal one and has been for multiple sales for multiple decades. Whether it was the initial one or not it doesn’t matter at this point. This is the legal one and always will be, I’m not sure how to say it any clearer

wxcoin and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  8. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

that doesn't matter. Failure to prosecute one case has no bearing on any other. In short, two wrongs don't make a right.

9. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

If they are stolen then that is exacactly what I would expect to happen.

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Why isn’t PCGS OK with getting behind that, then, before the auction? Did you see the pictures from the last auction? Do those look like the same coin? There are pictures even before that. It’s the new owner’s choice whether to dispel the conjecture? Gee, I hope they didn’t have to rack their brains too hard to come up with that one, I’d hate to think they hurt themselves. Multi-million dollar auction and all they got is conjecture and a pile of excuses for it. Real professional these ones are.

11. baseball21

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hopefully you’re enjoying happy hour

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I don’t work on Saturdays. I just try to give folks like you trouble.

13. baseball21

I swear pcgs could cure cancer and some on this forum would still try and find fault with it.

For those that are interested in the actual facts

“Due to the unique circumstances and rarity of the 1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle, PCGS is taking the unusual step of, at the auctioneer’s request, grading and certifying but not holdering this rarity in PCGS’ tamper-evident holder. The winning bidder of the coin may submit it to PCGS for holdering to provide state-of-the-art security at no additional charge.”

https://coinweek.com/us-coins/pcgs-certifies-ultra-rare-1933-saint-gaudens-double-eagle-gold-coin/

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  14. baseball21

at least you admit you’re trolling

I could certainly think of much better ways to spend my time than trolling coin forums but to each their own

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Trust me. This coin will never ever be certified.

16. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Oh come on.

17. baseball21

It already has been....

18. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

In your dream.

19. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

If I were going to invest a few cool million in this coin,I would want it certified, authenticated, and in PCGS’ most secure holder. I agree that the whole thing is phony. They can’t certify it at that grade, so it is their way out of any responsibility. Total crapola.

GoldFinger1969 and eddiespin like this.
  20. baseball21

Reading must be hard

21. baseball21

“Due to the unique circumstances and rarity of the 1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle, PCGS is taking the unusual step of, at the auctioneer’s request, grading and certifying but not holdering this rarity in PCGS’ tamper-evident holder. The winning bidder of the coin may submit it to PCGS for holdering to provide state-of-the-art security at no additional charge.”

https://coinweek.com/us-coins/pcgs-certifies-ultra-rare-1933-saint-gaudens-double-eagle-gold-coin/

Draft saved Draft deleted