1932 to 1998 Washington quarter set

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Victor, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

Dealers almost always will try to rip you off.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Yes one must be careful.

4. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

A lot of Washington quarters are only worth melt even in UNC. So pretty much all Washington quarters are only worth melt in any circulated grade, even AU.
    So whatever your definition of “avg circulated” is, you pretty much have an album full of “junk” silver.
    Other than a handful of key dates and random varieties, Washington quarters aren’t worth much unless they’re high grade or nicely toned.

rosethe and Victor like this.
  5. bsowa1029

But you said the coins are all circulated. “No junk........”

Victor likes this.
  6. bsowa1029

Nope. Seems like a combination of honesty and thin skin.

7. Nathan1986911

Nathan1986911 New Member

Hey them gt-r skylines newer sleds be hella quick tho lol

8. Jeff McCune

Jeff McCune New Member

I have a set of these 1932-1998 Washington quarters, also a set of 32-64 set. (Both with the 32D and 32S) I’m just getting back into collecting after a long break.

9. Jeff McCune

Jeff McCune New Member

I have a set of these 1932-1998 Washington quarters, also a set of 32-64 set. (Both with the 32D and 32S) I’m just getting back into collecting after a long break.

10. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I have a full set of JUNK silver Washington Quarters. However, they were all (other than proof's) found in circulation. ALL found in circulation. I started in 1948 when everything was readily available. I am proud of my collection and have never replaced a lower grade with a higher one unless it also was found in circulation.

You should be careful of what you call JUNK. If you have a perfect set I'd say that you didn't "collect" but rather bought it.

-jeffB likes this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I like that. :) I don't entirely agree with it, but I like it -- because that's the way I was introduced to collecting: search your change for the things that are more interesting (or, yes, "valuable").

Change-searching, collecting, and buying and selling are three different things, but it's hard to tease them apart.

I'm guessing that if I pressed you on @bsowa1029's "aren't worth much" comment, you'd agree that you couldn't sell your common circulated quarters for much -- but you wouldn't anyway, because they're valuable to you, because of the effort they represent.

Inspector43 likes this.
  12. Inspector43

I agree. I should say that if a person wants to buy all the coins in a set to complete a collection that is his choice. It is still collecting. Another person might not like my collection, but, it is mine and is not junk. And, I wouldn't expect much if I tried to sell it.

My kids, grand kids and great grand kids know how I came about my nearly complete 20th Century collection. They watched me work at it. When I pass it on I hope they don't see junk.

-jeffB likes this.
  13. Inspector43

Yes. 3 Stromberg 97's. They were cheap back then. Bored, Stroked, Ported, Relived, 3/4 Cam and a finned aluminum 10 to 1 Edelbrock heads. In the trunk I had extra head gaskets and radiator hoses. Always replacing stuff.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  14. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I love it when CoinTalk threads get wild: old men, fast cars, backstabbing, throat cutting, dealer betrayal, and a circulated set of Washington Quarters.

So much better than telenovelas.

rosethe, bradgator2, Kentucky and 3 others like this.
  15. rosethe

rosethe Junior Member

Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, having just attempted to grade and put into flips about 1000 circulated Washington silver quarters.

Victor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted