1932 S washington

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by FOX85, Nov 28, 2015.

1. FOX85

FOX85 Member

I have been collecting for years but only bullion. Recently I have been getting into more numismatic coins and am currently working on a silver washington set.

I picked this up and was wondering what you guys will grade it and the value (just to see if I overpaid/ underpaid or neither)

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

It's hard to tell on the obverse which looks like it's missing the motto. Better close ups would help. In good this coin currently trends at $125.00 but without full rims I don't think it's going to make that grade. Because this is a key coin, personally I would not have gone for less than V.F. for any collection but that all depends on your budget. I did both the 32D & S in very fine to complete the set and still have decent eye appeal. Either way, congrats on getting this harder date.

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It does show a lot of wear, however, it's clean. No dings, hits or scratches that I can see. I agree with Tommy on the grade and pricing. It looks more like a AG-3 than a G-4. Certainly not worth grading but a great coin to plug that hole. I'd give it a price of $75.00 to $90.00. You can always buy a VG or better in the future and sell this.

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. rdwarrior

rdwarrior Junior Member

The darkness around the MM worries me. Could you post a close up of that area?

6. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

My thought exactly, have seen it before where a "S" was added, close up pictures please.

7. FOX85

FOX85 Member

Here are some close ups I trust the guys that sold it to me. They run a LCS which I frequent. Sorry my camera is not the best at the moment. FYI I paid 80. My Grandfather left me a bunch of his silver pulled from circulation so it's mainly G quality. I just bought this get closer to complete his set since he had none of the key dates. Oddly enough today I went to one of my LCS and after some haggling got the PCGS for $60 and now have something to compare the other one to. Feel free to tell me what you think. (I think I did good on the PCGS).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  8. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

The darkness around the mint mark is perfectly normal on San Fran '32s. The mint mark is punched pretty beep and there is a depression around it that tends to be pretty dark. In fact, if you see a mint mark that is not inset, it is probably a fake.

Draft saved Draft deleted