1930 Standing Liberty Quarter - eBay

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by 68KennedyHalf, Jun 5, 2016.

1. 68KennedyHalf

68KennedyHalf Junior Member

This 1930 Standing Liberty is going for $45. The seller thinks its EF or better. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Far too much of what looks like "luster" for an EF. I don't know what to think of it.

68KennedyHalf likes this.
  4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Again and like the 1922 Peace dollar you asked about, this is a common date in this series and at $45.00, in extra fine 45, it is listed at full guide value. You can do better on the price of the coin and this photo, like the other is not good enough for me. Again, just my humble opinion.

5. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Think it was dipped/cleaned? Eagles feathers are pretty smooth on the high points

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

EF details cleaned. $25 coin.

7. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Let's just say I'm scared to death of the surfaces. The seller's offered grade looks reasonable, and we always have to factor the foibles of digital imagery and lighting, and the images aren't nearly large enough or clear enough for any sort of "expert" opinion, but....

Yeah, I think it was dipped/cleaned. :p

8. 68KennedyHalf

68KennedyHalf Junior Member

Hmmm. Okay. Well, thanks all -- I'll go ahead and pass on this one.

I have only a small number of Standing Liberties -- nothing better than VF-EF. I doubt that I'll ever fill my Dansco. But once in a while I like to add to it.

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Time and patience will win in the end my friend. This will be a tough series to complete in higher grades. The 1917's alone will set you back quite a bit, not to mention the 1919D & S, the 1921, the 1923S and 1927S and it's better to wait and see a coin in hand when buying these. You would never want to look back and see you made an expensive mistake.;)

Markus1959 likes this.
  10. Markus1959

That's why I don't collect SLQ's - the 21-P & the 23-S are killers. As in if my wife found out I spent that much for a Quarter she would kill me - LOL, she don't understand coin collecting but will have no problem dropping 500$ for a spinning wheel!

And the 16-P - Forget about it!

tommyc03 likes this.
  11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You mean to tell me, with all of that great cooking you do for her, and I'm sure she likes it as much as you, she can't just look the other way? Just keep telling yourself-"She's really married to someone else" and keep adding to a buried coffee can in the back yard, preferably under a pile of duck poop so she wouldn't consider looking for it. ;););)

Markus1959 likes this.
  12. Markus1959

Wouldn't be hard to find then - the duck poop is a great fertilizer - all you'd have to do is look for where the grass is 6 feet tall in a small circular area in the yard!!

Right now it's making my cabbages grow like crazy!! I'll have to post some pics sometimes.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted