1930 error coin

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by young mag, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

You need to find something else to collect, cause this isn't your specialty. You haven't a clue what you are talking about.
    Troll somewhere else. The boneheads over on You tube will certainly find your coin to be what you say. Start there because most of them are as ignorant as you are being.

Stevearino likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

4. robec

robec Junior Member

Frank Gasparro, the designer of the Memorial reverse, didn't even join the US Mint until 1942. So yes, we know it was no experimental coin.

Stevearino and frankjg like this.
  5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You and your facts.... ;)

6. Kasia

But some people never let facts get in the way of anything.

Pickin and Grinin and robec like this.
  7. Kasia

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Indeed, and was the point. :)

9. Eduardmagdaleno

Eduardmagdaleno New Member

I need help on finding more information on the minting of 1930 Pennines I know it sounds dumb but this coin really has the Lincoln memorial on the reverse could their be any chance of it being a experimental coin

10. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Absolutely no chance. It would be an excellent idea for you to study up on the minting process. All of the information is out there, there are many good books on Lincoln cents.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Stevearino likes this.
  11. Kasia

No. Not only "No" to it being an experimental coin, but no to any 1930 Lincoln cent having a memorial reverse. It is not possible.

This is something that cannot happen because the memorial reverse did not come into minting on Lincoln cents until 1959.

Pickin and Grinin and Stevearino like this.
  12. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

You shouldn’t even waste one second of your time with this one. He’s proven to be belligerent time and time again.

13. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@Eduardmagdaleno Google for the following sites
    Wexler s Doubled Dies
    Variety Vista

They have info on the minting process

14. Eduardmagdaleno

Eduardmagdaleno New Member

Your welcome steven

15. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Boy, do I feel stupid. I didn't realize that eduard magdaleno was the young mag of the ridiculous overstrike claims. I thought you were only allowed to have one account?

Stevearino and Kasia like this.
  16. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

He has been slipping by I wasn't sure either but he was called out on it in another thread just not blatantly.

Stevearino and Kasia like this.
  17. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Apparently, CT trolls clone themselves the same way as amoebas - binary fission :confused:

nRE39Zs.jpg

18. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Dang, I had to go to the bathroom really badly just before I found this thread. Now I'm completely desperate, but couldn't quit reading. No way to describe this craziness, but a little story from my nursing home administrator days might be germane.

This was back in the 70s. We had to have diagnoses on everyone, so we called in a psychiatrist to evaluate a few of our patients. One lady, I will call her Lena (of Ole and Lena fame) was really quite a character. Never knew what she was going to say or do. The psychiatrist entered her room and shut the door. After a while he came out and the head nurse asked what he thought. His exact words: "That woman is nuts."

Now I REALLY have to go!

Steve

Pickin and Grinin and frankjg like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted