1929 1930 Canadian pulled from roll today

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by eric6794, Nov 19, 2015.

1. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Hey all I pulled these 2 from a roll today and wanted to see what you all thought about the grade. Its amazing that I live nearly 700 miles from Canada and these managed to make their way to me. canadian1.jpg canadian2.jpg canadian3.jpg canadian4.jpg

Amos 811 and ken454 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nice. I'm not good at grading. I found a coin from the Dominican Republic metal detecting on a NYC beach...1,549 miles away. Anything is possible.

Numismat, Amos 811 and eric6794 like this.
  4. eric6794

That's truly the best thing about coin collecting. The unknown possibility on what you may find

Amos 811 likes this.
  5. Looks to be in F-VF+ I don't specialize in Canada but being from PA I see a bunch of it I have a bin of Canadian I keep burying in the safe for the day I meet the expert!

Good luck hunting!

eric6794 likes this.
  6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Finding GV cents is amazing, two is next to impossible. I believe since 2007 I have only found about half a dozen, fortunately one of them is the rare 1925 in EF that is probably my most valuable cent find aside from one of the 1858 FE cents.

eric6794 likes this.
  7. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

eric6794 likes this.
  8. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Nice finds! Were these were bank rolls, and were they in the same roll? That would be just as amazing.

9. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Was it a 1980's-1990's 25 centavo? May have been mine. Used to vacation in DR with my folks back then when I was a teen. We would bring back rolls of their 25 centavo coins because they worked in NYC parking meters same as a US quarter and you got like 40 of them for about $2. I also used to try and skip them across the water on beaches here.

10. eric6794

11. eric6794

yes they were in same roll I'm guessing it was a customer wrapped roll because it had flip ends

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Some banks roll their own that way, they have the machines for it. Still, it would mean the coin came direct from a customer, right to their counting machine, then rolled. The banks that don't have those rolling machines, which probably comprise the majority of banks, are the ones sending those $50 bank bags off their counting machines to their reserves where they're then audited then mixed in with the other cents from the other banks before they're rolled, and those are the crimped rolls.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  13. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I agree with F-VF. Those are some juicy finds!

14. Canadian lot three piles thinking of eBay unless someone wants better pics

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted