1928 peace dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Wheatmaster101, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

Does this coin check out to you guys? Just bought it off of eBay.

image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That '8' looks like a '3' to me........

4. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice that until I read your comment. Just goes to show that sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

Wheatmaster101 likes this.
  5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Bingo, Ken.

image.jpg

Wheatmaster101 and green18 like this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yup. I regularly see 1923 dollars listed as 1928 on eBay. I've even received one or two coins mismarked in 2x2s. I blame the font designer.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

What did you pay for it? What do you think it would grade?

Chris

8. green18

Ya gotta watch the guys that 'tool' the '3' to make it look more like an '8'. Not the case with OP's coin though......

9. Wheatmaster101

I paid $28 and it was labeled as "junk silver coins". Still not terrible, but I'll ask the seller to not send it.

10. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

11. Ed23

Ed23 Active Member

I'm not sure you even have a 1923 ... when one blows the photo up there appears to be bubbling in the crevices of the eagle which might mean it's a counterfeit 1923 dollar ... of course you need to take it to someone who could tell you ... make it someone other than the person who sold it to you.

12. Wheatmaster101

I contacted the seller at 5:00 telling him not to ship the item. At 6:00, he responded and said the item was in the mail, and he said he was going to have to chase it. It wasn't marked as shipped, but at 7:30, it said that the shipping label was created. It is almost as if he is trying to force his item on me in hopes I won't return it. What should I do?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If the ad didn't say it was a 1928, and just junk silver, I would just wait until it came, and then either keep it and see it as my error, or send it back as not as described, although it appears to be.

14. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Made in China?..:muted:

15. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I dont think that coin is real. Way too much junk in the rays of the tiara, cap, hair, and neck. I'd say just junk, little or no silver.

16. Wheatmaster101

Everything is settled, thanks for the replys.

17. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

18. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You're suggesting he file a false claim when he is the ONLY one to blame for a failed pick? The seller, by offering junk as junk, did nothing wrong here, and had the issue not been settled, in NO way deserved a SNAD filed against him. The only party who deserves anything here is the seller; a sincere apology from the OP for wasting his time would be fitting.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No, I was not. I said "If the ad" because no one gave the reference, and I wasn't going to waste my time today searching to see if it really said such " junk as junk" directly. As I thought I was saying if it conformed to the ad, I keep it and see it as my error. Only if it was not as described send it back.

20. ridgway0531

ridgway0531 New Member

I second this; that eagle looks awfully superimposed.

21. green18

I dunno, looks fine to me........

Draft saved Draft deleted