1928 peace dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by LOLephant, Dec 4, 2013.

1. LOLephant

LOLephant New Member

My step dad asked me to help him sell his coin collection. I remember when i was young he had a press in album of wheat cents so i wasn't expecting much. Turns out he has an entire foot locker full of coins. Apparently he has kept every coin he got back in change since 1964. I started helping him sort them all out and pulled a few of the good ones to start. I'm thinking about keeping this and just giving him some money, mainly because i read that the estimated population of this coin is around 40,000. Any information would be appreciated, like grade, varieties, should i send it to pcgs, or any thing else I should know. Thanks in advance. IMG_20131202_035030.jpg IMG_20131202_034817.jpg IMG_20131202_035141.jpg IMG_20131202_034911.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

One of the better dates and it looks all original. I cant give a value idea but its worthy of slabbing.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Nice........just a few nicks and bruises, but overall, quite pleasing to look at. I'd say the grade is in the neighborhood of a high XF to low AU. You're probably talkin' in the $300-$350 range but others more knowledgeable than myself are sure to check in shortly........

rzage likes this.
  5. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

This one is much better than the 1921 you posted on the other thread.

I agree with green, low AU.

6. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

nice au, maybe 57, she has some hair missing above her forehead

7. LOLephant

LOLephant New Member

Thank you for the responses so far. Much appreciated.

8. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Are they both the same coin , as one looks AU-53 the other EF-45 . I'd get them slabbed . Nice coins .

9. LOLephant

LOLephant New Member

Yeah, all pics are of the same coin. Just used different lighting.

Draft saved Draft deleted