1928 fifty 99.9 percent pure 24k gold certificate/gold banknote

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by John Fenstermaker, Aug 31, 2017.

1. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I've got a great idea! Why don't you go back to your sandbox and stop wasting our time. The sad part is that when your "expert" tells you that it is fake, you probably won't have the guts to come back here and admit that you were wrong.

Chris

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. John Fenstermaker

John Fenstermaker New Member

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

OK, this is beyond silly now on all sides. John , you presented a question and received some answers. Evidently they are beyond you to accept, so stop. Have it looked at by your choice of authenticator and expense, and then either come back to tell what they say, or drop it entirely. You can still be here and learn, but not with a bad attitude. And for the other meme fiends, stop here also. If you want to say something , use words, not someone else cartoons. Thank you all. Jim

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Most of the time, I feel sorry when new collectors overpay for these overhyped items. This time, I don't

7. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Stupid is as stupid does. Reminds me of the folks auditioning on American Idol who are tone-deaf but rail at the judges. He's on ignore for me, too.
    Steve

8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I don't believe we have to worry about him any longer.

9. Larry Salemme

Larry Salemme Active Member

do you have a coin shop near you

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I believe the OP is a gone pecan. Forget about him.

11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Reminds me of the Whitman gold foil sheets for adding info to your albums. You can write on it but not peel it off.

12. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Well .065grams of 23K gold (958333%) at 1325 an ounce is $2.65 in gold.
    I imagine the OP's gold is lighter than this. Or these sellers wouldn't be making any money at $3.50 unless they were getting these in bulk for $1.50.

13. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I used to gold-leaf signage. The gold sheets we used were so light I used a camel's hair brush and static electricity to pick them up; it was the only way to handle them without crumpling. And the work needed to be done indoors because it'd blow away on the slightest breeze.

Gold is....kinda malleable. :)

14. johnyb

johnyb Member

I couldn't ignore him; he is so entertaining.

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Re-read post #49. Further answering posts are not necessary.

johnyb likes this.
  16. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I've been getting more and more of these. Mostly the ones printed on some kind of plastic laminate.

I don't pay anything for them and either let the estate owners have them back or give them away to the kids at coin club.

Never sold one to anybody.

Draft saved Draft deleted