1928 dollars: opinions, please

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Garlicus, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Each has at least 8 pinholes.
    Fair condition?
    Consecutive serial numbers.
    'Blurry' areas on scans are not on the bills.
    Your thoughts on condition and value, please. I'm thinking $10 each.
    Thank you.

DAB1BB5A-CFA1-45F3-A6D3-91069EC3452E.png 80AA2BD8-BC58-4C28-897D-6F40FFD2D5D1.png

NOS likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Garlicus

Pics, instead of scans, if that helps.

61E3A62D-D99C-452A-8B64-670640F387BD.jpeg A3F20AA6-F0AA-4925-A492-E86ACAE761B6.jpeg

NOS, Penna_Boy and Collecting Nut like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Thanks for the pics instead of scans. I can see a couple of the pinholes and as you know that lowers the price. Some folds but no staining. I would value them a little higher and I'd keep them as a pair. They just don't make these any more. Lol

NOS and Garlicus like this.
  5. Garlicus

Thank you.
    Not mine, but someone I work with owns these and was looking to sell. With shops being closed, I have had these for the last 4 months waiting for them to open again, and to find the time to go when they do open.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Collecting Nut likes this.
  6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Personally and respectfully, I try to steer collectors away from problem notes, especially on popular, abundant notes. Get something you want to show off. The pinholes and margins are a distraction. Quality trumps quantity. It’s true that they don’t make these anymore, but many, many were saved.

7. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

Ouch, those are some pretty noticeable pinholes! Having a consecutive pair is always a plus, so I'd encourage you to leave them as a set. I can't say what the retail/market value is, but personally I'd pay $20 for the set if I saw them (that actually sounds a little on the low side to me). Have you considered Ebay? IMO that might be your best bet for getting the most $$$ for them.

Garlicus likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

You might try and find an online coin dealer that has interest in them.

9. Garlicus

A co-worker’s/customer’s bills, so I’m not going to that much trouble to sell them, lol. So if retail is maybe $15 each, tops, then I should probably expect $15 for the pair from an LCS, correct?

10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Despite the pin holes they seem pretty crisp. In more circulated condition I can see $10, but for these $20 retail. If you are selling to an LCS then I would expect $10-$15.

Garlicus likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

That would be in the neighborhood, maybe a little more.

Garlicus likes this.
  12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Even though the condition isn't that great, and the pin hoes are pretty noticeable
    I think $10-$15 would not be out of the question, they would make a good filler :)

Draft saved Draft deleted