1928 Canadian penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Valar Morghulis, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Valar Morghulis

Valar Morghulis New Member

pretty decent condition, think i should get it graded?

Attached Files:

1stSgt22 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

While it is indeed a decent looking 1928 Canadian small cent, I think it is unlikely to grade better than VF20 at best. As such, it's worth about a buck in that grade.

Now, ask yourself if you would like to spend $40-50 having a $1 coin graded by a third party service like PCGS or NGC, and there's your answer.

1stSgt22 and GH#75 like this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Nahhh. I don't think so .....

1stSgt22 likes this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I have been at this for over 70 years and have yet to find a coin that is worthy of the extra cost of TPG grading. But, that's me and I just don't think grading is important.

6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  7. steve westermeier

steve westermeier Cancer sucks!

Kinda the same with me. Been collecting for about 55 yrs and I can count on one hand the number of slabbed coins I've owned. I just prefer mostly silver raw coins. That's just me. Everybody's different.

1stSgt22 and Inspector43 like this.
  8. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Not worth grading. A lot of people collect these, though, and they are plentiful so maybe look into grabbing a few more ;)

I'm obsessed with them

lordmarcovan and 1stSgt22 like this.
  9. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

No!!! Not worth having graded, like others have said!!! I don't own one graded coin! My coins are for my enjoyment so no need to pay to have any of them graded! I thought about it for a while! Even started a thread about how to go about it, but decided I didn't want to go through the hassle!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted