1927-s peace $

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Mad chang, May 29, 2016.

1. Mad chang

Mad chang New Member

20160328_135534_HDR.jpg 1459195142483.jpg can anyone tell me anything about my very nice and rare 1927 s.. values or any other information anything can help???please..

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Although the pictures aren't the best, your Peace Dollar has quite a few hits and dings.

I'd say you have a coin worth somewhere in the $40 range. Here's a recent sale example that has, in my opinion, slightly better eye appeal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121990058501

4. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Worn. 1928 is a better date (key). Not a peace collector have a few. Peace sells but who's buying. IMO, Morgans are more desirable.

Mad chang likes this.
  5. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

Looks like somebody took some steel wool to the obverse.

6. Mad chang

Mad chang New Member

idk it's the way I got it haven't touched it.

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Wow. Someone scrubbed the hell out of her. Ouch. Kinda better date so you may be able to pull around $30 out of it

8. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

9. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

If I was grading this Peace Dollar, I would give it an VF to XF - Details / Cleaned.

The 1927-S is one of the harder to find dates and has lower mintage than most others.

The SF mint was particularly known for weak strikes, this one has a nice strong strike for SF. This is a good thing.

It has definitely been cleaned, the swaths back and forth are obvious tell-tales for this.

There is also some wear through "In God" that is clearly evident.

Value-wise, I'd say this is a $25-$30 coin - maybe a bit more to the right buyer.

Draft saved Draft deleted