1926-s LWC Lamination error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by i2i, Jul 16, 2019.

1. i2i

i2i Active Member

Let me try to educate my haters!
    Can anyone articulate ((explain in a cogent manner) (*cogent* = brief and well thought out)), why this is a lamination error and NOT damage after the mint (PMD)?
    ....no, dont put PMD. Try. Go ahead try!
    Ok, I will give you a hint. Look for the "G" on the lamination peel. If you can see it. That means the lamination peel was there BEFORE the planchet was struck by the die.
    Take awhile to think it through before replying.
    Yeah, right. Who am I kidding? Lol 20190716_212733.jpg 20190716_212637.jpg 20190716_212551.jpg 20190716_212733.jpg 20190716_212637.jpg 20190716_212551.jpg

Mark1971 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I don't understand why you would think a knowledgeable error collector would say this is PMD. It's a lamination.

You think somebody would figure out that the responses given are based on the coin.

It's also hard to understand why you keep posting here if you think everybody is wrong. There is a nice forum run by a major TPG that also has a lot of knowledgeable people. I bet if you posted some of the coins and said the haters at CT insist they are PMD and don't know any better, everybody would get a big laugh. Try it sometime.

frankjg and paddyman98 like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Please read my entire response before going off on me. Your reasoning for this not being PMD is nonsense. You're focusing on the G but make no mention of the O. By your reasoning both letters should look the same but they don't. Not even close. Why? Because this is a detached lamination peel that occurred after it left the Mint. What you see with the G and what you can't see with the O are common for a lamination error.

Draft saved Draft deleted