1926 Penny

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by InSearch, May 8, 2020.

?

Is this 1926 Penny special?

1. Is it worth to keep?

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Is it worth to sell?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. InSearch

InSearch New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Are you a numismatist? Then Answer A, if not, the coin would cost you more in listing fees at ebay than it's worth.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Is it special? No! Should you keep it? If you don't already have a better example. Yes! ~ Chris

capthank and Magnus87 like this.
  5. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

A Lincoln 1926 cent does not carry any special rarity. Given it's pretty worn condition, you would very likely not make much from it. So on "worth it to sell?" I would lean towards no.

The question "Worth it to keep" is really your decision. Do you want to collect Lincolns? Do you like the coin? If so, keep it. Given the coin's condition and rarity, it would not be a keeper for me, but I also don't collect Lincolns.
    This is a completely personal decision.

capthank, Spark1951 and tmoneyeagles like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A worn common date Cent that's 94 years old. Nice but not worth the fees to sell it.

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. I personally keep all of the older dated coins I run across, just because you don't find them much any more, especially in circulation.

dlts, buckeye73 and jafo50 like this.
  8. jafo50

jafo50 Active Member

If you don't already have one then I'd keep it. As others have said it's not worth the fees to sell it.

9. coin dog

coin dog Well-Known Member

Keep it! Even if you aren't a collector, toss it in a drawer somewhere. Nice souvenir from the past. Somebody in your family will want it someday.

JeffC and Spark1951 like this.
  10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

That's a cool image. Welcome to CT.
    103881.jpg

InSearch, chuck123 and coin dog like this.
  11. John Johnson

John Johnson Well-Known Member

If you decide to sell, it's only worth around 15-20 cents. I think the best way to sell something like that is in lots of at least ten coins. I think it would be worth it to sell if you could put it in a roll of 50 similar coins. If you don't have enough to sell as a lot, why not hold on to it?

12. InSearch

InSearch New Member

ldhair likes this.
  13. InSearch

InSearch New Member

Again, thx u everyone for you replies, much appreciated. I am new at this, and yes I started collecting last year and it's pretty fun.

ldhair, ewomack and John Johnson like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted