1925 Mercury Dime. Die clash?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Carlos Arriaga, Dec 13, 2013.

1. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Well..............., if the struck Peace Dollar were then rolled out to the thickness of half dollar stock and then hand fed into the blanking press and the resulting "struck blank" was then fed into the Half Dollar press

and then

and then

and then the half dollar was rolled out again to the thickness of the dime stock and again fed into the dime blanking press and the resulting "struck blank" was then fed into the Mercury Dime press.................

Nahhhh. That's just too weird to even think about since all the rolling and pressing and blanking ad stiking would have wiped out any left over designs that existed on the planchet not to mention the fact that it would be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to have the Peace Dollar Design on one side with the Half Doillar Design on the other side without some remnant of either design on either side and.............

(Sorry I passed out from all that critical thinking but I'm ok now)

At any rate, I think its safe to agree that there are nothing more than artistically created scratches on the Mercury. Nothing more and nothing less.

paddyman98 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Maybe there's an alternate universe no one but Carlos is aware of... and that universe has a mint that can do this.... and there was a wormhole and this dropped through, and there was a voice that accompanied it.... and Carlos was there to hear it, but he was asleep so he doesn't remember it. But the voice and the coin were connected, so when he got the coin, the voice was heard again, but it seemed not to be a voice, but a sense.

[​IMG]

4. Carlos Arriaga

Carlos Arriaga Senior Member

Flatened Righ ankle.jpg Flatened S on the Rim.jpg Reverse Overlay out.jpg
    THERE'S MORE EVIDENCE. With a better Overlay; and a "Cleaned" Mercury.
    The Eagle right ankle. And the flat "S" (of PLURIBUS) on the Rim of the Mercury.
    Why I cleaned? In this case was strictly necessary.
    The point is sooooooo simple: THEY MADE PLANCHETS FROM "ALL READY DAMAGED COINS".......... that simple...............
    Why there's no evidence on the Rev.? SIMPLE ALSO. In order to have the adequate Material thickness (for dimes). Material from 1 side was removed.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  5. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

I take it back, I am not sorry for bringing this thread back. 'Tis a most entertaining read!

6. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Keep scrubbing... I can't quite see it...

Insider likes this.
  7. Carlos Arriaga

HISTORY?
    Before 1925 there was a Die Clash between The Reverse of a Dollar And The Reverse of a Half Dollar. Some "damaged coins" with this and other problems were used on 1925 to make new (silver) planchets for an smaller size denomination. Weinman.png .
    I was not all ready around in this planet on those years. THAT'S MY GUESS ONLY.

8. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Your "guess", only highlights your general ignorance about the coining process and how coins are made as there is absolutely ZERO chance of whatever you are describing of ever occurring.

Zero.

The word ignorance is used, not as a slight but because you are definitely lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something (the coining process) in particular.

9. Carlos Arriaga

I know that: Dirty is not good. But some time the Dirty stuff show most clear the Pattern or direction of the lines on a flat area. (For me), the name of this error would be PRE-STRIKE DAMAGED PLANCHET.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  10. Carlos Arriaga

DO SOME BODY? IN THIS FOURUM, "collect" o knwos Hwo does? OFFICIAL USA DOCUMENTS WITH obvious Error? (It's Not misspeling). In a Math calculation from the IRS. Income and Expenses were add, instead of do a normal substraction.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  11. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

wtf? he's baaaaack.

paddyman98, Kirkuleez and Insider like this.
  12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Aaah, I just read the first few pages. This has to be teachminds dad :nailbiting:

13. Carlos Arriaga

irs 1.jpg This is the obvious error. I have in my hands the original papers without any alterations. It's those kind errors make you to pay 20,000 dollars o more in taxes. Because a wrong "human" calculation o computer software.

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Looks like they didn't account for massive ebay sales that PayPal reported to the irs?

15. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Actually, they *kind of* did, except Schedule C is for expenses and if I'm reading it right, the two numbers should have offset each other, not added together.

Either way, I've no idea what this has to do with a clashed Merc.

paddyman98 likes this.
  16. Carlos Arriaga

Only I'm asking Dave, if some body collect ERROR USA OFFICIAL DOCTS. That's all.

17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Oh man....How do I unsubscribe from this crazyness?

18. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

19. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Don't egg him on...

paddyman98 likes this.
  20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Wait , so you want to know if an irs document is collectible because it has a clerical error on it? I don't know what to say that wouldn't make the arid amethyst give me a vacation. :yawn::muted:

21. Carlos Arriaga

That is not a clerical error. MATH is absolutly different. There's money involved

Draft saved Draft deleted