1925 Canadian Small Cent

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hookman, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I just got a notice that my bidding garnered me a new acquisition : a 1925 Canadian Small Cent !
    For some unknown reason, probably because it was very inexpensive, I purchased a Whitman folder with a partial collection of 1920 to present Canadian Small cents, on eBay sometime back.
    Most of the newer ones were still there. ALL of the older, rarer ones were missing. Actually, you could tell where they had been punched out of the folder (holes, torn paper, etc.) by someone, perhaps the eBay seller.
    So......I began to fill it back in. I searched my "stash" of Canadian pennies and found many of the ones I needed, but the rarest ones I didn't have.
    So again, for some reason, probably the challenge of trying to fill it, I decided to actually buy pennies.
    Now, I'm a silver bug. I only buy silver coins, mostly just for the silver content and for as cheaply as possible. I'm not a coin collector so I don't even usually care about the look or condition of the silver coin. Yet, here I am , trying to fill a collection book and trying to do it by buying pennies, which as we all know, is about as far from silver as you can get.
    So, the last 2 that I needed to fill the book are, yes, you guessed it, a 1923 and the 1925.
    So now I only need the 1923, probably the hardest , and most expensive , one to find.

The 1925 that I won today will probably have to be replaced with a better one, since it is quite ugly on both sides. That's why it only cost me $10.00. Most of the better ones I've bid on have sold upwards of $20 or more.

It really hurts to pay so much for a copper penny. I'll probably die when I start trying to fill the Lincoln cent books I bought.

Amos 811 and longshot like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I almost have my 2nd book full now, I love the Canadian small cents. I did a post on them awile back, ill see if i can find it, or just take new pics

4. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I still need the '23 for my first book , but I've also got a second book that's partially started. Once I get that '23 inserted in it's proper place, I will tackle that second book. To me, the best thing about the small cents is there isn't 3 different mints to gather.

If you find that just post a link.

Draft saved Draft deleted