1924S cent doubled. S/S ??

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jersey magic man, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

I am terrible when it comes to determining if a coin has doubling or over mint marks (unless they are very very obvious). The coin I have pictured was presented as an S/S RPM. I don't think it is because I can't find any reference to any RPMs in 1924. What do you all think?

Cimg0100.jpg Cimg0103.jpg f.jpg Still0011.jpg e.jpg d.jpg A.jpg B.jpg c.jpg Cimg0103.jpg Cimg0100.jpg Cimg0100.jpg Cimg0103.jpg c.jpg Still0001.jpg B.jpg A.jpg

I think I screwed up posting the pictures, sorry.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4. Jersey magic man

Thanks for the reference. Although the S has a similar die chip, none of the other devices match up. I wonder if I am imagining things that are not there.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Looks to be machine doubling north on the date and mint mark. ,agreed not an rpm.

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Besides the Mint Mark question.. I see that the Reverse looks to be an Improperly Mixed Alloy by the dark lines that running across from top right to bottom left. Also known as a Woody :wideyed:

I want to share this webpage with you - http://www.error-ref.com/improper-alloy-mix/

7. Jersey magic man

Thanks everyone for your input. I will keep this coin and start a woody collection.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted