WTB: 1924 Standing Liberty Quarter

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by LA_Geezer, Jun 29, 2019.

1. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I was spoiled rotten by getting a ridiculously low-priced 1920P SLQ that's verging on Mint State quality, and I would like to get a 1924 SLQ as a mate for it so as to have one for the birth years of each of my parents. Mint mark is unimportant to me for this coin. I have looked at hundreds, perhaps thousands, of 1924 SLQs for sale, but all of them seem to be grossly overpriced based on the sellers' photos.

I don't expect to be getting a ~ $250 coin for $15 as I did for the 1920 I have, but I would like to come as close as I can. If John Beresford Tipton is still out there, I would very much like to hear from his envoy, Michael Anthony, on this. If there are any other benefactors out there teeming with an excess of these coins, by all means, please contact me.

I'd like the coin I buy to have as much facial detail as possible. So many of the photos I've viewed online, show coins with far too much wear to Liberty's face and breast to warrant the extravagant prices being asked.

I am NOT willing to pay extra for a slabbed coin, although I would not dismiss one of these; a raw coin will be satisfactory. Looking forward to hearing from you.