1924 S Cent

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by dimeguy, Jul 27, 2021.

1. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Yes, obverse is a little choppy, and the right wheat ears not as strong as left, but I don't think it is too bad given the year and mint mark.

1924 S cent1 obverse.jpg

1924 S cent1 reverse.jpg

jamor1960, paddyman98, alurid and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Very nice! ...roll hunting? :)

4. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Nope. Just a recent Ebay purchased for my date/mint mark Lincoln set.

yakpoo likes this.
  5. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Pretty decent strike for that year.

6. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Nice one! Hope you got a good deal!!!

7. Roughwater

Roughwater Member

Looks nice to me, looks to have plenty of detail.

8. Roughwater

Roughwater Member

Speaking of detail, I was wanting to get something to help me see coins and Gems better, and also use it to do fine soldering etc. I was looking at the Amscopes and ended up getting a used Trinocular models with a camera. It was set up more for Gemstones but works great with coins. The only problem is now every website I go to the Amscope adds follow me, even here.

But getting back on subject you did a great job of displaying your wheat penny. What type camera did you use to take the picture?

9. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Thanks, I really appreciate the comment. Honestly, coin photography is annoying to me. I feel I am bad at it. I used to have a nice camera to perform all sorts of shots (including the one I took involving my avatar), but I lost editing program and I became excessively annoyed the space and time the set up took.

Alas, I went the lazy way and the above cent was from my android phone. Not as clear or crisp as I like, but it gets the point across in a couple clicks.

10. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

I agree. I feel the San Fran strikes are miserable for the 1920s. I resigned myself for a couple XFs, this year being one of them, but I saw this, gave an offer and seller accepted, so I was pleased with the result for the most part.

wxcoin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted