1923 or 1926???d/s

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by micheldura2, Mar 20, 2010.

1. micheldura2

micheldura2 Senior Member

Got a roll of "unsearched" wheaties today. I have to say I was impressed with was I was seeing. I half expected to find a lot of forties and fifties. To my surprise...i found a 1912 a 1914 1917 1919 192?,1925 1925s 1930s and more i can't remember off the top of my head..full of low digits s's as well. ;) quite please with my 3.50 purchase.
    My question here is about a coin that i can not seem to see the digit after the two...i think it may be a six or a three. But that is not what I see as clearly as I see a 's' under and to the right of my mintmark 'd'. I am hoping through these photos you will be able to see something. What do you think? photos might just not show. :whistle:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. OCOPR48

OCOPR48 Member

Looks like a 3 to me.

4. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Well, I see a 3 or a 5. Most likely a three.

5. Prospector

Prospector Member

"Unsearched" Rolls

I love those " Unsearched" rolls. I have actually had alot of success with them. If you use a sharp pointed instrument to open one end carefully you can push the coins out from the opposite end thus saving the integrity of the roll and re-sell them to the people who pack them with little gifts to re-sell as " Unsearched".

I'm even considering making a " How-To" Video to post on how easy it is to repack them. Some of the paper on the ends is so old that it has become easily Malleable to make it appear untouched.

But Hey, I've found some real winners in them.

I have spent thousands in the past few months buying them and there is only a few sellers that I am 100% positive sell unsearched rolls and usually the price reflects it.

By the way, it looks like a 1924 D from where I sit.

6. foundinrolls

foundinrolls Roll Searching Enthusiast

Hi Michelle,

It's impossible to tell from those pictures:-(

Thanks,
    Bill

7. micheldura2

micheldura2 Senior Member

yea, I can't tell from looking through my loupe...so I might try and find a local coin shop around here...I think there is one a short drive in Robertsdale....I need to go there anyway to browse. Love to look at all the pretty coins. Wish I could go to the big cookout in Texas this year:)

Draft saved Draft deleted